Hello all! And we apologize for the long silence. The Espresso Team has been hard at work getting advertisers for the comic magazine so that we don’t stop once we start. There had been a lot of obstacles, but let us assure you, we are not giving up. If everything goes as planned, we plan to start distribution in November, just in time for this year’s Komikon. We’ll keep you posted. And thank you for your support.
July 28, 2010
Elbert Or is holding Saturday Comics Production Workshops!
KOMIKSABADO is a comprehensive workshop on comics production that aims to cover the full range of tasks involved in comic book production, from writing to illustration to publication. Over the course of the workshop, participants will embark on individual comic book projects:
– creating stories and designing characters
– writing comic book scripts
– illustration and visual storytelling
– lettering and coloring
– prepping files for publication
– marketing and promoting comics
The workshop is a continuing and open-ended program, although each month will be devoted to a particular aspect of production (which means people can join in or opt out at the start of each month). Participants will be limited to a maximum of 5 students at a time, to ensure maximized learning.
Sessions will be held every Saturday at Global Art Katipunan, Unit CU-4 Prince David Condominium, Katipunan Avenue, Quezon City.
Morning Sessions: 10am – 12nn
Afternoon Sessions: 130pm – 3pm
Participation fee is Php2000 per month, but a 25% early bird discount will be given to those who confirm by August 2, 2010.
For inquiries or to confirm your participation, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 0917-5190817.
Class starts August 7, 2010.
July 16, 2010
The 24-hour Comic Book Challenge is tomorrow! For all the participants, good luck! Espresso is publishing the winner of the challenge. Wouldn’t that be great? The winner gets to have 50,000 copies of his/her work distributed to commuters of the LRT! That’s 50,000 readers, not counting the friends and siblings these commuters pass their copies on to!
For the rest, let’s support the participants by reading their works, voting for our favorite artist, and spreading the word about them. Post links to the challenge. Post links to your favorite works! Tell your friends about them. Don’t be afraid to be a fan.🙂
Here’s the link to where the participants will be posting their works: http://thephilippine24hourcomicbookchallenge.blogspot.com/
July 8, 2010
First of all, we would like to inform everyone that the July 12 release of the Espresso Regular Issues will be pushed back to August 2. We know you’re all very excited about the regular issues as we are, and we apologize for the delay.
But the good news is we’ve got quite a lineup for Espresso! We’ve got your favorite up and coming indie artists. The guys from the Komikero Komiks Anthology are also going to be with us. And watch out for the ones who brought you that kris-wielding heroine everyone turns to when crime takes a turn for the weird.
And another good news. You know of the 24-hour Comic Book Challenge, right? We’re printing the work of whoever wins the challenge! So, make sure you join, and do your very best during the challenge.
Thank you, and good luck to us all!😄
July 1, 2010
Thanks to all who got our pilot issue. And we’re so glad you like MarsMag. Here are some of the comments we received (their words):
- F/38/Employee – Nakakatuwa ang Marsmag. I miss those days when I used to read cheesy comics like love stories🙂 can’t wait to read your next issue. thanks.
- F/22/CSR – ang cute naman ng marsmag, gusto ko sana magsubmit ng story, cuz i love writing stories pero di ako marunong magdraw!
- F/16/Student – I’m definitely going to read the Espresso every week~. I can’t wait for the next one ~! ♥
- F/24/Reviewee – ganda ng comics nyo. grabe natuwa ako.
- M/38/Employee – i love marsmag
- M/18/Student – gusto ko yung marsmag sana ituloy nyo yung kuwento nya…
- F/19/Waitress – i love marsmag. and im curious with big ben.
- M/19/Student – ganda ng marsmag! sarap basahin!
- M/18 – pagpatuloy nyo kakatuwa.
- F/16/Student – marsmag certainly was entertaining just i had expected the first time i’ve seen it. i suggest you should published more cause people will like it for sure just as much as i did. i look forward to read the upcoming comic strips.
- F/16/Student – ang ganda po ng Espresso Comics. Nabitin po ako.. Kababasa ko lang po ng pilot issue nyo. Dala po ng Tito ko. Nabitin po ako. May nabibili po bang ganito sa mga bookstore? Tnx!
- F/16/Student – ang cute po ng Espresso comics. Di po magulo ung appearance. Nakaka-adik po. sobra.. gusto ko pong magcollect ng lahat ng issues nito. Thanks po.. Continue entertaining others through this comics mag. God bless po.
- F/21/Cashier – nabitin ako sa comic series nyo pero owkie lang excited na akong malaman ang next kabanata.. Keep up the good work.
- M/15/Student – Hey ang ASTIG ng MarsMag! haha super exciting kahit 1st time ko pa lang nabasa. haha keep it up guys. Goodluck🙂
- F/19/Working Student – I love MarsMag! Pero sana po habaan nyo ung story…!!
- F/17/Student – Bitin. Pero I like this weekly comic magazine. Aabangan ko to🙂
- F/18/Student – I love marsmag! Grabe ang ganda ng comics nyo.. I’m very curious if what happened next to nina. Thanks and more powers!
- F/20/Saleslady – I read ur marsmag i’m so excited to read the next episode it’s so nice and cool aabangan ko talaga next episode nyo. More powers and God bless you all!
July 1, 2010
Reminder lang, we’re still open for submissions for our October-December issues. August 27 ang deadline. And, allow me to just explain the process, coz we’ve been getting some email asking us na pwede bang mag-reserve ng slot for the issues.
We reserve making a decision as to kung sino ang pipiliin namin for the issues until the deadline has passed. We only have 7 slots to fill. Malay natin, may magandang comic na darating on the day ng deadline, di ba?🙂
May oras pa ’til August 7. Gawa na kayo!😄